Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trudging through deep sand

At least thats how it felt today, I slept great last night and jumped up at 6, just before I went to sleep last night I gave the new hot water heater a workout and the water was hot and great.  One hurdle behind us now.

I worked this morning and was doing pretty well knowing I needed to leave in time for a 12:30 appointment in nearby Mountain House.  Mid morning Nikki texted me to let me know to pick up Keanna.  For some reason I thought the kiddos were already out of school and I had made appointments today not expecting to pick Keanna up.

I quickly scrambled to meet the new reality, I needed to be back here by 1:15 which meant going to Mt House early.  So I loaded up and drove to the house, knocked on the door and the doors went crazy but no one came to let me in.  I realized that I had seen the house before so was relieved that the inspection would only take a few minutes to update prior information.  But there was no one home, so I called the wife and she said he was there, knock harder.  I did and he was not there.

I called her again and she mentioned the address which was a totally different one than the address I was at, the address was wrong on the file.  Amazingly he was home when I went to the right place.  So I set to measuring as quickly as I could and it was large and had lots of unusual ins and outs.  Finally I finished and regained the car, I had 15 minutes so I drove quickly there and she had just come out.

So we spent some nice minutes together, she was reading and munching her popcorn.  Then I took her to a parent of a fellow student who lives nearby, Nikki had arranged that and I drove to Stockton to see a home.  It is located in Weston Ranch, an entire development built in the shadow of the levee and if it ever breaks a lot of real estate will be under water in a new way.  It was a pleasant visit, the lady was a great mom and the court was filled with kids doing skate board things, vintage america.

Then I headed home and met Lois at Subway for dinner.  The first round of the Falafel did not work out well, the little balls were rock hard but the second sandwich was great. 

Then I hit Safeway for a few things and was told I had a gas discount of over a dollar per gallon, that was good news.  Once home I took a second to hang up a few bright blue Christmas lights I had picked up at WalMart, plugged them in a felt Christmas all over.

now I've just finished the report that was due and its bed time once again.

I feel good tonight and thankful and the day did work out well after all.

Love to each and every one of you.  Yes the day seemed like walking through wet sand but tonight I'm on the dry beach and its better now.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment