Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Heart is beating well...

This morning Pooka was ready for a walk and so was I.  It was cold outside so I found the gloves, the cap and we headed out.  I decided to wear the heart monitor just to be sure, what a delight it was to find that as I left the house the rate was in the low 60s and no matter how fast I walked at the park I could only get it up to 79, quite a difference from last time when with the heart flutter the rate was close to 140 once I go moving at the park.  Once I got back I carried in some loads of wood from the wood stack and built a roaring fire, walnut really likes to burn!

Mid morning I showered and drove to church where I enjoyed the sermon by Rod Western, an all around great guy, an important part of the Tracy SDA church.  Afterward I was anxious to get home so I went by Taco Bell, had a bean burrito and diet coke with no ice. 

Once home I changed to some sweats and a sweater and headed outside to keep trying out the new heart rhythm.  I pulled the 12 foot plastic boat to the back deck and out of the way, then I set up a bridge of boards and plywood over the missing deck section and using the old wheel barrow I moved several loads of firewood to the back deck, to its wood holder which is complete with a cover to ward off the rain.  Once I had the wood carrier about 3/4 full I turned to the task of getting all the water out of the floating paddle boats.  That task took some doing, I laid out a big towel, put my body flat on the dock and reached down with various tubs and containers from the kitchen and dipped out the water,  that took a while and the first and newest boat was too heavy for me to pull up on the dock even when I had it empty.  The second and original paddle boat was lighter and I pulled it up on the dock, tipped it over and it is ready for winter.  By this time I was very tired but pleased that I could tackle little tasks that needed attention.  I love the fresh air, had no coughing and it felt great to use the muscles once again.

I came in and built up the fire, made a nice pasta dinner.  My blood sugar when I came in was 91, that pleased me, mid morning it was 114 which is also a good number.

This evening I've sat and munched popcorn, watched episodes of Rizolli and Isles and enjoyed the fire so much.  Right now the temp is 71 based on the heat generated by the fire.

I'm happy to report that friend Pam has completed her journey to Washington State safely in spite of ice and snow and some rough conditions on the mountains.

I have an appointment at 8 in Blackhawk in the morning, what nit whit made that appointment?  Oh wait it was me.  The family living in the home are flying out mid day so they needed an early appointment.  It will get me going.

So love to all,  Please keep those facing special circumstances in your prayers.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment