Monday, December 17, 2012

Wintery and busy day

Good evening,
I'm promised that tomorrow I'll finally have hot water again.  Its been quite a process.  To be fair to Shawn the present and broken water heater is nearly 25 years old and all the connections were done differently back then.  So he is having to adapt to make the new water heater connect with the old existing connection.  He is almost there.  The one he took out really looks like it did its time, rusty, leaking and very tired but oh how faithful it has been.  Shawn and Mike, the original builders installed it to code at the time and its been flawless, its filled hundreds of jetted tubs so Nan could get relief from hurting tumors, its provided showers of any length to all of us who lived here and I can't remember once when it ran out of hot water.

I launched out of bed this morning, shocked by the alarm and into the cold day. With no hot shower to get me started I had to rely on some decaf.  I worked as late as I dared before leaving for a huge local home that has sold, Jessie left a message on the file that I had done one nearby so I looked it up, it was the same model so today went faster, I didn't have to measure it, just a reverse plan.  It was raining and miserable weather but I got my photos and then moved on leaving for Clayton.  I used the back road through the mountains and creekside and arrived nearly on time.

The first house was something else, it is filled with things they have collected, figurines, toys, fake flowers, just clutter to me but precious to them.  I enjoyed my time with them.  Then it was off to a second Clayton inspection which was also nice, very clean house with upgrades and Corian in the kitchen, I don't see Corian that often and this was beautifully done.

By this time it was nearly 3 pm and I was very hungry and a little unstable on my feet so I found the one fast food outlet in Clayton, sort of a snooty little town but cute.  They had a subway and the subway had soup, so perfect and a folafil (I know my spelling is terrible on this name) on wheat.  Next time something more to soften it up, just too dry but overall the meal was great.

Then I left for Livermore, now Livermore is right on the other side of a ridge of low mountains and one either goes up to Walnut Creek and down past Danville to Highway 580 and Livermore or back Marsh Creek road to Brentwood and use Vasco Road to reach Livermore.  There is a third and very exciting way, straight over the mountain but its a one lane road and not for someone in a hurry.

The last house in Livermore was very nice and had a pool, I shot it and then headed to CostCo to avoid traffic.  $73 dollars later and loaded with fruit, oranges, apples, soy milk and canned green beans I drove home.

Now its bed time once again and I'm so ready.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment