Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday at last

I was awake at 4, then at 5 and finally at 5:30 I sprang from bed and to the shower, oops, big problem, the shower water never got warm, that's right, after 25 years the hot water heater had finally given up the ghost, a quick trip down to the garage confirmed it, water all under the tank and in the chamber where the fire ignites.  It was toast.

Since I had a day of work to get to I dressed and headed into it.  I checked various places on the web, learned that the going rate is $1,000 to $1,200 and then started working the circle of friends, I got great input from people and Steve had someone he knew well, in fact the person that now has our 92 gallon reef tank.  He told me where to go purchase the water heater so between appointments I looked them up and paid a couple hundred less than I would have at Home Depot.  So over the weekend it will be fixed.  In the morning I'll shower in the motorhome since its shower works fine.

Each day this week I've felt more like living and today was slightly better, still very tired and unstable.  It was a nice day, the properties I inspected were wonderful and at 6 I picked up Kallie from her school.  We have fun and I showed her how to make hot chocolate with the Kurig machine, then we stopped by Starbucks and purchased her a children's mug with tight lid, so cute and they can decorate it the way they want it to be.  She was thrilled.

Now its bed time, tomorrow will be a big day as Keanna is having two performances of Nutcracker in a beautiful old theatre in downtown Antioch.  The 4 pm performance which the family is attending is nearly sold out and at 3 pm kiddos can meet the dancers ahead of time, it should be a great afternoon and I'm so very proud of Keanna for sticking with the long months of rehearsals, the hours of waiting to be a part of something important.  All in all there are 4 performances and then she will relax a bit.  I'm also proud of Nikki for being the super mom to help her be there and be ready, even volunteering to help the production.

It will be great to see the whole family and afterwards we are going to Olive Garden, Nikki discovered they are taking reservations now, can you believe it, for large groups and we will be a group of 10 we have reservations at 6:30.

I'm thankful to be feeling better tonight for life itself.  Problems happen, water heater fails, big deal, right now I can afford it and it did not dump water all over the garage floor, life could be worst.

So sending love to all,

Tim

PS Kallie had her Christmas concert today at the local church, her school does a super job with the kiddos.  I loved seeing Kallie sing the songs she has come to love so much.


I've included a photo of her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment