Monday, December 24, 2012

Peace and family time

As I write Nikki and Steve and the girls are settling in for the night, all the while tracking Santa's travels on Nikki's Kindle Fire.  Here at home Timothy and Mia are settling in for the night in their little bedroom, Jason and Jo are winding down after a very long day.

I started at 7 this morning and spent the morning doing a bit more shopping, then wrapping presents it seemed for hours, finding time to purchase more firewood and cleaning the floors again since Pooka seems to love to go out, walk in the mud and then come back in again.

I also started a loaf of bread in the machine that would finish after the kids arrived.  It was great when they arrived and brought in their things and Timothy and Mia began to plan and enjoy visiting Pappa.  We had fires burning in both ends of the house, everything was in place and I was ready.

Once Jason and Jo settled in then Jason set to work to create a cottage cheese loaf like Nan used to make.  It turned out great, perfect in every way.

We went to Steve and Nikkis for dinner and the meal was incredible.  The kids played and had fun holding the bunnies.  Finally we left for home.

Now Jason, Jo and I are about to watch a movie, the Kings Speech and then fall asleep.  Having the family together is wonderful and very special to me as family is what I live for.

So I'm sending Christmas eve greetings to each and every one of you, may you enjoy your time with loved ones, enjoy them while you have them!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment