Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In the valley today

Good evening
I'm gradually recovering but the coughing was really awful last night.  I was awake much of the night, just was not sleepy, not sure why but I hope for a different outcome tonight.  I had to get up and close the slider because at 2 am the birds were just going crazy in the tree outside my window, I felt malice toward the whole flock!

This morning I reluctantly rolled out morning at 7 after a terrible night.  I ended up watching an episode of NCIS LA and Castle and was still wide awake but forced myself back to bed at around 2:30.

This morning I worked after a quick breakfast until 9:55 when I left for Acampo.  I arrived within 5 minutes of target and found a really nice home on 5 acres with a large barn shop, a pool, good landscaping and a fun family of decent people.  Once I located the comparable, spread over a 5 mile radius, then I turned for Modesto.  I had two to see there but for one the lawyer who is having me do the work has failed to give me an access phone number.  I knocked on the door but could not raise anyone today so shot the comps and will have to do the interior another day.  The other one was great, nice place, the owner sells glassware that Gallo Wine makes in their own factory to other wine makers.  He was pleasant and his home was in good shape.

I just sort of dragged myself from one appointment to the next.  I had a pretty good book on the ipod so that helps pass the time.  The little beetle just keeps running along, turned 191,000 today and has 525 miles on this tank and a little yellow light which reminds me I only have about 30 miles before fueling.  I had planned to find a Kaiser to see if I could get medical help but there was not enough time to fit it in.

Still busy, still thankful for safety in travel and OK with life.

A sad note, Steve Ahn's mother passed away this week.  Sylvia has cared for her with regular visits for years.  Even though she was not totally aware of her surroundings Sylvia and the boys have been great in their support and love for her.  She lived well into her 90s and was a great little lady, always so proud of her only son Steve.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment