Sunday, May 26, 2013

Production day

So while the whole world enjoyed a holiday I found myself cranking out reports.  It has been a very good day with much of the back log now caught up.  Not that I'm there yet but I've accomplished so much today.

I've not left the house today other than to roll out the garbage in hopes that the nice garbage man will still come tomorrow.

Its been a rather lonely day, I did manage to catch up with my busy brother and discovered that he has not yet been able to plant his tomatoes for fear of a late frost, here I have tomatoes almost ready to turn red, dozens of them so far.  He did such a great job of planting them and they are growing rapidly.

For lunch today I took time to slice up a tomato, a store purchased one, I'm so ready for some real flavor!  I did a ear of corn in the microwave oven and warmed up green beans, it was a great lunch.

Plus I'm really enjoying some 21 grain bread I got at Costco.  Wow when toasted it is incredibly delicious with peanut butter and tomato or with avocado just spread like butter, so good.

This morning I woke with a burning determination to get things done.  I've done three loads of wash and its all dry and on the hanger ready for its journey back upstairs, the red rugs in the bathroom are clean and look great, my trusty towel is clean and ready for the next shower, all the soxs and shirts, shorts and slacks are ready.  Its so easy to do wash as its right by my office and it gives me a good reason to jump up and move instead of just sit by the hour.

Tomorrow I'm in Concord at 9 am, then onto Martinez for an inspection at 11 and finally to Antioch at 1.  Then its back here to crank out some more work.  What a huge blessing it is to have a comfortable office with good equipment, a fast internet connection and all the resources I need to work.

Sending love to all

Enjoy your holiday.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment