Thursday, May 16, 2013

Keanna's open house

Another good day, started early, hit the road at 10:30 for a traffic free trip to Fremont where I found a cute little house, very compact, only about 1,000 sf and its a 3 bedroom and 2 bath home.  If you live there you'd need to like each other, I think I have about 400 sf in my motorhome.  Sold for over $400K.  Depends where it is located value wise.

Then it was on to San Jose for an ontime arrival at a very nice home.  The owner is a real artist and the home reflects her great taste.  Beautiful, updated and selling for a lot of money, over $700,000 and the comps will easily support the sales price.

Then a quick stop at Subway for lunch and to the next house.  These wise people did a "remodel" instead of building a "new" home.  They kept a bit of the foundation and built a new 3200 sf home of the highest quality, its a master piece.  The former home was old and about 1,300 sf.  The owners warned me in advance of there being a new home there and emailed some plans.  using the plans I was able to quickly measure the home, write down its amazing features.  Finding comps proved more difficult but I'm thinking about 1.7 million or so.

Then it was the battle with traffic from the Mission district all the way to Livermore, we moved at 5 to 20 mpg for most of that part of the trip and it caused me to be later than expected for Keanna's openhouse at her school.  We got to see some of her artwork, see her desk, watch her do a little experiment with a D battery, a wire that grows very hot as its connected to the poles of the battery and then watched as she used the hot wire to cut through some soft material.  She has had a super year, loves her teacher, is in the honors class and most of all loves to read, she is now on her 6th volume of Harry Potter series, not the easiest books to read.  A book is with her at all times whereever she is, even tonight at Boardwalk as we had a late dinner.

I'm sorry to report that my cough and the chest congestion, the nasal issues are all with me, I feel lousy and have a headache by 8 am in the morning from the coughing.  If I could only find time to get in to see a doctor, that would be wonderful.

So I'm sending love to all, once again a safe day with no mishaps.  The little car is doing great so mostly all is well.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment