Monday, May 27, 2013

So there goes the holiday.

Good evening,

Got to say this one really got to me, due to working all the time I'm less and less likely to spend time with anyone on a social basis.  I had a chance to talk with Janice today, she is my Antioch friend who worked in public education for years.  Her life is certainly busy right now with caring for both her mother and her father in law, both very old and very much in need of care.  Fortunately she has retired so she has the time to chase down all the various things they need done for them all the time.  Never complains and just is there for her people, very good trait, I enjoyed talking as I drove.

Today I throttled it back and only inspected three properties, first one in Concord.  The owner was an accountant and the place was perfect so that was fun, his daughter rides her horse in competition and her room is filled with toy horses, ribbons etc.

Then it was time to locate an infusion, Starbucks, the line was long but I chatted with Marilyn in Rhode Island for awhile.  It was great to catch up with her life, she mostly reads these days and helps care for James a teenager, need I say more.

My second stop was at a small ranch, single story home with a huge pool, RV parking, very nice and located in a part of Martinez where there are many nice homes, some even up to a couple million dollars.  I enjoyed these very solid people, just could tell they knew how to live and I found myself admiring the wife, not for the obvious reasons, no she was not pretty but just a force, knew the market, knew how to take care of things and they seemed like a really terrific couple, made me miss a life that I lost where I had a partner to work and play with, to plan holidays like the one that just slipped past.

So as the rain gently fell I turned the Civic toward Antioch and a tract home.  Once the lady came to the door she was concerned, said I was to be there last Friday but of course I had it on my calendar for today.  Eventually she relaxed and let me do the inspection.  Imagine my surprise when this evening I was looking over the records of what I had done on that street and I found I had done her house when it was newly constructed last August.  So I pulled up the old appraisal and that sure made it simple to complete the appraisal for today.  Its already at the lender now.

Jessy flies to Europe tomorrow so for the next 12 days I'm on my own, I can do this, just got to stay organized and not over commit to clients.  I often feel the Lord's help with challenges that arise. I would probably feel His help more if I would listen to His gentle voice.

Could I ask for your prayers for Dolly's husband Ken?  He fell recently and broke a hip, he is in the hospital in Napa and not doing all that well.  I know Dolly would appreciate our prayers for his quick recovery.

Sending love to all,  I will not be alone forever but I just need to have something to offer and I feel like I have little to offer, come watch me work night and day, listen to me cough etc.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment