Friday, May 31, 2013

F R I D A Y

Can it really be?  Oh yes it is.

Another solid work day, up at 6, cram out work until noon, leave for Oakland.  The new GPS reads the traffic so at first said I would take two hours to arrive, not good as my appointment was at 1:30 but I set out.  Gradually the traffic must have cleared because I arrived with 2 minutes to spare.  Lovely home, great lady, moving to Dallas for her husbands work with AT&T.  Excited about Texas but leaving a beautiful home, just 55 steps from the Claremont District of Oakland where special shops and special places to eat abound.

Upon leaving I headed back to Discovery Bay to see another sale but East European Auto Repair called to say the bug was ready, only $350, I was so relieved.  I had visions of a worn out turbo but instead it was a small pressure relief value that directs diesel back to the tank when the pressure gets to high.  It was broken and had moved to the point where it no longer help pressure in the lines.  They also found that 292,000 miles causes tiny little pipes to begin to crack and fail so they cleaned it all up with new parts.  They also replaced the wrong outside air temperature sensor with the correct one and tonight as I drove home I knew it was 84 outside.  For some reason that is important to me.

I had a harvester, a garden burger really, at Nations tonight and it was so good.  Now I'm home ready to settle in, I'm very grateful to a loving and forgiving Heavenly Father for the work, the energy to do it and for the safety afforded me as I drove a couple thousand miles this week.  Its been a special treat to have the Civic since it has automatic and is a much more gentle car.

Tomorrow Kallie has her birthday party at a ranch where all the kiddos can ride a pony.  She loves horses, in fact some of her gifts involved horses so this party will be very special for her.  I'll get to see the whole family as Jason and Jo are coming with the precious cousins.  I can't wait.

Well faithful ready, I'm hoping that your weekend will be special, peaceful and meaningful with lots of time to touch, express kind words and enjoy your blessings.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment