Saturday, May 18, 2013

I've turned the corner

Last night was awful, from midnight until about 3 am I was awake, coughing and attempting to self treat with the Thermaphore on both my chest and my head, choking down cough medicine and even making tea with honey.'

Once I got up this morning I found the number for the nurse and called Kaiser, soon I had a doctor call visit for 9 am.  The visit by phone went very well and by 10 I was at the Antioch hospital picking up meds.  As soon as I left the pharmacy I walked directly to the cafe, ordered a cheese omelet and took the first two of the antibiotics to get the healing process started.

This afternoon my dear friend Sylvia drove out to see me, she brought some food for a future meal and we chatted and eventually she created a nice fruit salad for both of us and we ate on the back deck and watched the sun set.  Her coming was a huge boost for my morale and she helped me understand my meds better.

I've slept lots today and taken it very easy, the christian dish programing has been great and provided a background for my napping.

I'm better tonight and I've very thankful for the good help from Kaiser, from Sylvia and from a loving heavenly Father who watches over us. Am I out of the woods, no, not by any means but I'm better and that is vital.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment