Thursday, May 23, 2013

Some days just challenge us!

Good evening

Up early and at my Hayward appointment slightly after 10.  How I dislike measuring townhomes that are narrow, this one was 15 feet wide and three stories high.  I would not like to live there, every move involves the stairs, yuk!  Place was OK but $410K for such a tiny place, no thanks.

Once I finally finished this one I moved on to a very old home in Oakland.  There I met a really nice elderly gentleman and enjoyed his beautifully maintained older home.  That was until I got ready to take my attic photo,  the opening in the middle of the house was about 2 and 1/2 feet wide, had a ladder nailed to the back wall, had nails driven partially in so things could be hung, things like an appraisers arm, an arm filled with blood thinner.  I could hardly get through the entry and then I started up one rung at a time, had to turn sideways to clear the nails, started to feel very small and I wavered wondering if I really should be doing this, but then a Mustard trait kicked in.  It needed to be done, no one else was around to do it, so I just muscled myself up and up until I could push away the wood covering the opening at the top, reached up with my camera, shot the photo, checked the photo and started back down.  Coming down was worse and I had some tense moments hoping I was not ripping open my arms, I could see the blood gushing!  Soon I was at the bottom, I squeezed out and then I was free.  No blood, no nail punctures.  The owner said he was real proud of me for trying.

The air outside felt especially nice.

Just another adventure in the life of super appraiser Tim.

But the day was not over...........

When I finally drove in Jessy was just finishing up on my computer, she uses it to put my photos into the finished appraisal.

When I sat down I found the computer screen dominated by a huge warning and flashing messages.  Knowing what I was seeing I called Jim, my trusty IT guy.  Three hours later he finally got rid of the nasty mess that someone in Africa had dreamed up.  Of course that's a couple hundred dollars to Jim.

Turns out that this one is linked to a message suggesting that one needs to upgrade a program, a regular program we all use and when its gets triggered the mess rushes in.

As a matter of normal life I never click on anything that suggests it has upgrades for me, just to many times its a mess.

Well I managed to finish up one appraisal using Jessys computer so the afternoon and evening was not a total loss but close to it.

Now its bed time.  I think I've earned it.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment