Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kallie goes to the farm

Good evening

This morning Kallie celebrated her birthday with a party at a ranch.  The crew of cowboys and cowgirls did a super job as Kallie and about 7 of her friends were given the grand tour, multiple horse back rides, games and even a chance to brush their horse buddies before they rode.  While it was warm there were shade trees, lots of Nikki supplied drinks, cupcakes, pizza, compliments of Pappa, and a great time.  I'm going to include some photos if I can get them out of the iphone before I complete this edition of the blog.

After the event was over and I was out of the sun I came home, turned on the AC and took a great nap in my office chair.  The afternoon party and neighbor party started at their home at 2 but I slept in and arrived at 3.  I got a chance to catch up with my friend Gill, Kallies adopted grandmother.  Steve lived with Gill and Roger during this senior year of high school and they have always been family.  Steve and neighbors have finished the wonderful deck by the new pool and with an adult watching the kids had a great time in the pool, then it was Steve at the BBQ pumping out great food and Nikki the hostess setting out finger good.  Kallie opened more presents and was thrilled with them all, clothes, barbies, underwater barbies, games, books, you name it.

I finally stumbled home after coughing all afternoon and watching the Giants loose their second game of the day in Saint Lois.

Now I'm home enjoying the cook air and taking a moment to write to you, sharing the very special day.

Cowgirl Kallie with her horse themed cake and blinking hat.  Got to love her.
Friend Summer enjoys her ride
 
In spite of terrible allergies Keanna took her ride in stride
Kallie rides and rides and rides
 
An excellent time was had by all.
 
Love
 
Pappa
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment