Monday, December 30, 2013

A day of accomplishment and enjoyment too

Dear Family and Friends,

Doors open and close in our lives and this afternoon I learned that a friend who I had met has found a new friend and I won't be needed anymore.  It was a relief really but it's never fun to be rejected, oh well.  So I thought it over and called my friend Janice who I've seen several times over the past year and a half.  She has had to deal with so many tough losses this year, her mother died rather unexpectedly and then her spouses father died after gradually going downhill.  She and her children had cared for him for years, it was not easy but they did all the right things.  She is still really working through losing her own husband a few years ago.  We've not talked much over the last few months, I felt she had so much on her plate to cope with and it turns out that is the way she has felt too, just almost an overload.

So we are having dinner tomorrow evening and I really look forward to seeing her again.  She spent her life as head of the adult education portion of the Antioch School District.  She has had an interesting life and is a deep and thoughtful lady.

This morning I set to work after breakfast.  When I got up I guilt a fire, made a cup of coffee from freshly ground beans, it was so good.  I boiled eggs and decided to make oatmeal in the microwave.  It turned out so good, perfect at 3 minutes in the microwave.  I also had one of the freshly boiled eggs over a slice of toast and a banana.  It was just perfect.

I started writing appraisals and at first it was challenging but pretty soon I got into it and started really moving along.  For lunch I found a Tupperware of salad left from when Jason and Jo had made dinner.  It was still fresh and very good.  I cut some avocado into the bowl and added some low calorie Italian dressing.  I had another boiled egg with just salt, so good.

This evening I found a couple chocolate chip pancakes that Jason had whipped up.  Because they were for Timothy they are vegan but you could never tell.  Very good so I warmed them up a bit, buttered them with vegan butter and enjoyed them.  So the left overs from Jason and Jo are still being enjoyed.  Wish I had some of Nikki's mashed potatoes, talk about good! 

Once it became clear that I was going to be able to get totally caught up today I started planning for the evening.  On line I purchased a ticket to see the Hobbit in IMAX and 3D.  I went at 8:45 and at 9:05 the movie finally started, the time wasted was for previews and warnings about cell phones and how to escape if the place was on fire.  I totally loved the move, this one is perhaps even more exciting than the last one and it makes a story that we all read in younger years come alive vividly on the huge screen.  It was a great experience but the little popcorn ran out way too soon, popcorn and a drink was $10!!

So now I'm home again and very ready for the new week.  Tomorrow I have an appointment at 1 pm in San Jose to see a property, hope to maybe catch up with the kiddos depending on what they are doing or where they are going.  Jason and family are back from being at camp wawona with Big Kev and his family which means the kids may have seen some snow.

Well I'm sleepy and ready for rest.

Love to all.

Tim

PS Sylvia Ahn is in Japan with Kevin and family and emailed some photos.  I'll include a couple here.  Very exciting for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment