Thursday, December 12, 2013

Car repaired, furnace not yet

So this morning I was at East European Auto Repair at 9:45 and they took my sick bug right in.  A couple of hours later they were done and it drives smoothly now, no more shaking.  They found a very dry CVC joint and a missing heat shield that allows very hot temperatures, up to 800 degrees from the turbo that fried the grease right out of the joint causing it to fail.  So for now the car drives like a dream, of course now the steering wheel is crooked again after their work, that is a bummer as I just had it straightened when the alignment took place.

I came back home to work and Sean came to install the new part on the furnace.  He works hard and hates to fail but after a couple hours he said he would be back tomorrow to make yet another try at repairing it.  I know one of these years I'll have to get a new one but there is no money, $5,000 or so, to replace this one at this point.

Then this afternoon my computer refused to print so I turned it off but as it was going off it told me to not touch anything as it had 26 updates to install.  Well an hour later they were finally completed and I was able to restart the computer and proceed late to my Mountain House appointment.  Oh, yes the printer did work fine after the restart.  In the process I also upgraded to explorer 11 from 7 and that seems to help as well.

Ate at Subway tonight and now I'm settled into get some work completed.  5 new orders came in today, is that great or what!

Right now I'm set to see a property at 11 in Milpitas tomorrow and then at 12:30 in San Jose.  That should get me out of town before the traffic hits on a Friday afternoon.  I hope so as Sunol grade is not fun when traffic gets backed up.

So car works, heater does not but with the wood that Jerry supplied I'm staying warm and the house is doing OK.  The pets are all staying indoors these nights, I trap them so they won't sneak outside at bedtime.

Good night one and all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment