Monday, December 23, 2013

Not the best of times

Well my main heating and AC guy came again today but after trying everything he had no luck at all.  The heater tries to ignite but fails to release the gas supply.  Very frustrating and while I was at the bank getting cash for today's service call!! I turned to speak to him and the ATM kept my card, so the card I had planned to use for groceries tonight is safely in the banks ATM until morning.  Not really the perfect ending to a challenging day.

Tanya came this morning and she is a wonder woman.  She cleaned most of the day and was very reasonable in what she charged me.  What a difference.  This is not casual surface cleaner, the sinks are bleached bright white, the floors gleam both Quick step pergo like flooring and the white tile in the living and dining rooms, shiny white.  All the cobwebs are gone, the spiders are gone and she has made a huge difference.

I inspected a home in Antioch today and the new little dude was there.  Just 1 week old he is so cute and sweet, wow babies are tiny.  Then I ventured into Toys R Us which was a mixed experience.  They had so sacks for your purchases so people had to carry their stuff in their arms and they mentioned that after the first of the year they won't carry sacks at all.  Didn't set to well with me.

I was able to find some really cute things for kiddos and amazingly other shoppers were very helpful so I found what I was looking for.  I felt totally like I was in a foreign country as I do not shop, period.  So many of the toys were either based on evil looking guys or war or super natural.  I could not help but think, no wonder our society is so violent,  most of the boy toys were based on violence of some kind. 

I did my shopping mid day without knowing if money had come today or not.  That was sort of a strange experience.  Counting on overdraft if needed.  That means any purchase that pushes into overdraft could cost an extra $33.  Yikes.

On the way home I had to stop at Kaiser.  The idiots in the shipping center refused to refill my Coumadin, they said it was too soon.  Well tell that to the doctors who have me taking 4 pills a day, that is 25 days and they didn't want to renew since a month had not passed.  Anyway it cost me an hour to talk to the rep, then wait for the prescription to be filled.  Finally my name appeared and I was able to get the meds I needed.  One does not miss a day of Coumadin ever as it has a serious effect on the thickness of the blood.  This will not happen again, my medical team needs to get it right for the future.

So I was just a bit out of sorts when I finally got home.  Tanya was still doing her magic and everything was looking great.  That really was a nice boost for a lousy day.  But in the mail three clients had remembered to send funds, wow was that ever welcome.  So I quickly prepared the deposit for the bank and got there before closing at 4 pm.  Thank you Lord for the funds.

So once again I'm without heat tonight.  I have the house comfortable with the wood stove and I just got the fireplace ready for tomorrow so we will have heat at both ends of the house.  We will be fine.

Sending love to all, please pray for my furnace.  Many hours have now been invested into making it light and over $400.  It appears like everything is in order but there is no ignition.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment