Monday, December 30, 2013

A Great Finish

Good evening,

So after last nights time with the Hobbit I found it difficult to wake this morning.  But eventually responsibilities beckoned and I rolled out to a very cold house.  The family room was 59 so breakfast was quick, steel cut oats, a banana, an egg and a slice of wheat toast.

Once in the office which tends to run warmer due to the computers being on I did research for today's appointments in San Jose and Mountain House.  The I finished up other work on my desk and set to work on reconciling the business check book.  I've not kept up so now while I have the time I'm working on getting the data up to date.  I'm a long ways from being caught up but at least I got a couple more months checked off today, felt good.

At 11:45 I left for San Jose and took some munching food along in place of lunch.  The home was nice and is located on a corner.  I was surprised to locate a room with bathroom with no access to the interior of the home, only a door opening from the back patio.  Once inside I found a young girl who was somewhat frightened, she was also very pregnant, in a conversation in broken English I learned that her due date for the little guy was 2 days ago.  Never did really learn who she is related to, just one of those strange things one finds in the course of doing appraisals.

Once I was completed in San Jose I then set sail for Mountain House with the GPS saying I would arrive a couple minutes ahead of the 3:30 appointment.  Traffic was slow in several places but I pulled up just 2 minutes late.  I found a very beautiful Porsche parked outside and the agent was ready to show me through.  The owner was home as well.  It is a townhome located in Mountain House and built by Pulte.  It is one of the toughest places to measure, I remembered once I started the last one I measured.  Once again it challenged me and we'll see when I do the sketch tomorrow if I got the measurements right or not.

Then it was home for a few minutes.  There was money waiting in the mail so I prepared the deposit and made the copies for the records.  Then it was time to leave for my big date!!  Janice was already there and we were quickly seated.  BJs is such a beautiful place and nearly every table was filled with hungry people.  We ordered and enjoyed a really good meal.  We caught up on so much that has happened in her life, the loss of her mother and father in law over the past 8 months.  Her life is never without challenges and during a walk she fell and broke her ankle which has now healed.  She is a fine woman with lots of education.  However she is easy to talk to and we share a lot of values.  We both had spouses who died with great courage and never made our lives difficult through the process.  We can talk about our former lives easily without it getting in the way of the now.  I'm looking forward to seeing her again and I'm hoping she can meet you as well at some point.

So now its bed time, I can't wait.  Tomorrow morning at 9 I meet my coach for the weight control program I've joined at the club.  While I have mixed feelings about all this I simply must do something or prepare for a shorter life.

So good night one and all, love to each of you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment