Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It comes to an end

So this last day of 2013 was a productive one.  After attending a meeting at the club re: the weight control program and fitness opportunity I drove to Ace hardware to spend my $5 coupon on free stuff.  I got a couple $1 light bulbs and some clips that can keep food storage closed. 

Then I set out for Oakland to see a house that I last inspected in 2007.  The owner had died and the house was just sitting waiting for the next step.  I was there to do a "end of reverse mortgage" appraisal.  Once that was completed I checked my emails and found a new order.  So I called the contact and got permission to see the 3900 sf home this afternoon.  Using a Supra Key I gained entry, did the inspection, shot the comps and was home by dark.

Just now I've come back from Steve and Nikki's where a party with friends and neighbors in in full swing.  They do a super job of entertaining and the kids are playing and a huge game of dominos is going on strong.  Food is everywhere and some of it is amazingly good.  What fun.

Now I'm home and soon I'll be in bed.

I'm not filled with warm and fuzzy memories of this year, 2013.  I hope 2014 can be better.  For one thing I'll start to get Social Security in August and I'm so ready to start getting something back after paying out for so long to the government.  It should be over $1,600 which will help a lot and a couple of the long time credit cards that I'm paying off will be paid off soon, that will help too.

I'm thankful for so much, for a great house (without heat), for a good company that I enjoy running, for good health in spite of the way I've treated it and for an incredible family and some of the worlds best friends.  I love my church family and its fine pastor and great people.

Love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment