Thursday, December 5, 2013

Changes taking place

Good evening

So Marilyn has just spent her first day back home in Rhode Island and is getting settled in.  My animals miss her a lot.

Tonight Jessy texted me that she just got a new job and starts tomorrow.  She will be working a lot of hours so her ability to help me will be very limited.  Its a hard hit but I understand, I've not had enough to keep her busy for quite a while and she needs to make a living.  She will be missed so much.

This morning was another up at 6 am.  Quickly showering and shivering through the cold, thank goodness for the space heater George and Yvonne brought us years ago, its in my bathroom and is just wonderful, takes the chill off while I prepare for the day.

Once I got to my office I found it cozy, the equipment keeps it decent if the door is closed.  I built a fire with wood I brought back from Weed in the lower compartment of the motorhome and I've been going out each morning to bring a load in.  Can't lift much due to my bad back right now.  I made a roaring fire while I had breakfast.  The room was 57 when I came down.

I drove through morning traffic to San Leandro and did a quick inspection for FHA purposes.  Then I drove to a nearby address to do a full appraisal for a purchase.  Then I drove to Newark to see another purchase, it was pretty beat up, carpets were really awful. 

I then found a Starbucks and had a quick lunch before heading for Vallejo for a 1 pm appointment.  I was very late.  As I drove I felt my body in distress and that only got worse.  I barely made it to a bathroom and was very sick.  After a time things cleared up and I was able to get back into the car and finish the trip to Vallejo.  After a time I was glad to complete that appraisal, shoot the comps and head home through afternoon traffic.

Its been a long day and everywhere I was a coat was needed.  It was cold and is sitting at 32 right now this evening per the weather station, something I dearly love as it lets me know what is happening outside.

So that has been my day and I'm very thankful to be home safe and sound, not warm but at least safe and sound.

Sending love to all and special thanks for the wood from Jerry's wood pile.  Its coming in very handy.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment