Monday, December 16, 2013

Just a few days until Christmas

Good evening,

This is an interesting time of year, traffic thickens, the air chills, the smell of wood smoke is over the neighborhoods and in some lucky places there is snow on the ground.  My little ones have reminded me that I should remember the reason for the season and its very cute from their lips.  Of course that does not negate their desire for everything toy ever made.

Work has slowed to a trickle but enough funds have come in to make the house payment once again, I am thankful.

Tomorrow I have a 1 pm appointment at the health club, turns out there are ways to join a very active weight loss class which involves lots of good things and that I can also join the Discovery Bay branch facility so I can walk to the local club where machines are available for upper body workouts.  After our meeting tomorrow I'll know a lot more about it but I am excited and hopeful that this comprehensive program might be of help to me and get me going in the right direction.

I'm also excited because my dear house keeper Tanya can fit the house in on the 23rd, just when I need it to be clean.  I am so thankful that she can help, just in time for Jason's family who arrive on the 24th.

Now its getting to be time to do some Christmas shipping.  Tomorrow evening I'm having dinner with a friend in Tracy and I hope to persuade her to join me for some shopping at the little mall.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm seeing a condo in Oakland and then Wednesday morning is becoming busy, right now if the order comes through I'm seeing a property in Antioch at 8, then another one at 10:30 in Fairfield and then race back to pick up Kallie from school at 1:15.  Should be an interesting day.

A bug update.  My little green wonder now has a heat shield, a little device that keeps heat away from the CV joint for the passenger side of the car.  I just put a new $448 axle with new CV joints on last week but it needed to be protected from the extreme heat from the turbo.  For some reason the heat shield had been ripped off the car at some point in the past, who knows what this poor car has been through!  It now is such a dream to drive, smooth, powerful and with the heated seats and the XM radio on the Christmas classics channel, its just fun to travel from place to place.

Here is my precious little tree that was selected by the girls, decorated by the girls and is helping build Christmas spirit around here.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment