Sunday, December 8, 2013

Its cold ouside (and inside)

Good evening,

We are experiencing a cold spell unlike any I can remember.  It was -3 at Jerry and Donna's last night, that is seriously cold, more like the Midwest than California.

Its really OK though, I'm using a lot of wood since my furnace is NOT working yet so the fire tends to consume quite a bit of wood.  I have the spa ready to enjoy in a few minutes, up to temp and ready to help with my back problems.  Since last night it went down to 70 so it has some heat retaining qualities.

The short trip from spa to the house after sitting in it for 30 or more minutes is bracing in this weather.

I've been pretty sell stuck to my desk all day writing reports.  While I'm not totally finished with all of them I'm making progress.  It is certainly different without Jessy to do her magic with the pre writing.  This morning I had two that she had pre written and that helped a lot.

This afternoon I'm working on a tough one.  Its a little house which sits nearly on J4, the road that connects Byron to Tracy.  It has no garage and is 100 years old.  There has been one sale in Byron for the last year of a small house like this one so comps have to come from Brentwood which is 5 to 7 miles away.  Then this order requested a rent survey but of course I found only one rental in Byron.  The tenants pay $800 because they know someone otherwise they would pay $1100 and my rent survey shows the little house could probably be rented for at least $1200.  Anyway I've completed it and shipped it away, lets hope the reviewers enjoy it as well.

I heard from Barbie today, she reported that Gerry is hanging in but is tired and rests a lot.  He still likes to go places so they have been doing just that, going places.  It was good to hear back from her.

I was thrilled that the 49ers won today, not that I watched, just can't do that, get worked up over a dumb game so I just catch the last minute and this time the last minute turned out good for us.

This has been a rather tough day, just not that excited about life right now, facing challenges it seems on all sides, house is quiet since Marilyn decided to visit her family, how dare she?  Her weather is warmer than ours here for a change.

Sending good will to all,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment