Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Marilyn travels home to Rhode Island

Good evening,

So the alarms went off this morning at 3:45, nothing in me wanted to climb out and dress in the cold.

We left the house at 4:15 and arrived in Oakland at 5:14.  Marilyn quickly disappeared into the terminal and I started driving back to Livermore.  Knowing in advance that I would be resting in the car for awhile this morning I had brought a blanket and on the way home I ran the seat heater up high.  So when I pulled in to a parking lot off Vasco at 5:30 I pulled the blanket up and went to sleep.  Around 6:30 as I was growing colder I woke to discover I was parked next to Waffle House.

What a breakfast I had, oatmeal with fruit, scrambled eggs, wheat toast and decaf, all for $5.95.  At 7 I drove the few blocks over to my first appointment of the day, the sun was just starting to shine but in the cold I measured a two story duet, did the inspection with very fine owners and left to shoot the comps.

Arriving home I built a fire as the house was 59 and felt cold.  Then I showered and left for Brentwood for a 9:30 appointment.  Once that one was over it was time to see the next one at around 11.  Then I went to Kaiser for a blood test, came back to the school and picked up the sweethearts, hit up McDonalds and then arrived home where Jessy was already working on reports and office stuff. 

The girls played quietly during the afternoon and we both worked generating reports.  This evening we went to the local sports bar for dinner and it was great.  Then we came back and worked more.  In a few minutes I'm going to bed as I'm tired, sleepy and ready for some sleep.

Tomorrow morning I'm in San Leandro at 9, then for another one at 10, then one in Newark at 11:15 and finally at 1 in Vallejo.  I am so grateful for the work that has come in and with Jessy helping today we are getting reports back before they are due, amazing really.

Marilyn texted this afternoon that she had arrived and is happy to be home.  My dog and cat are in denial, they can't believe she left but will have to adjust.  Her family needs her.

So that's how the old people live, busy and productive!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment