Sunday, December 22, 2013

Discovery but ultimate failure

Well it went this way.  I've spent the day pre cleaning the house.  It works like this, I pick up clutter so my dear Tanya can concentrate on doing real cleaning instead of push around piles of stuff.  I've made a lot of progress today with boxes, trash, clutter.  I've also done loads and loads of laundry cleaning linen and tonight the beds are made for Jason and his family, all freshly laundered with clear detergent and dryer static clear tissues.

The grand piano is clear of dust, wall ACs are put away for the winter.

Ray came over this morning and on a whim we decided to take on the furnace.  Yes we made discoveries but failed to see it light up and heat.  We worked the majority of the day and found a big clump of clay like substance just before the turn off value in the gas line near the furnace.  It is hard to see how any gas could have even gotten through the value, it was a lot of stuff that should not have been there, so my impressions that I needed to check the gas supply line were well founded.  Then we found the ignition tube to be nearly blocked and cleared it as well with a wire hanger, hot water and BBQ cleaning fluid.  Yet when we put it all back together it would not start.  We could hear the igniter doing its thing but whatever is supposed to turn on the gas would not do so.  It was a very hard end to a long day of work.  I've made it work so many times over the years but clearing the ignition tube and removing the pile of  dirt in the line failed to solve the problem.

I had Kallie today and had a fire going so the house was warm for her.  She was such a good kiddo and I totally forgot to feed her lunch today.  It is true she had an entire bag of popcorn, several Popsicles and even more popcorn when we went to Ace hardware for little electrical connectors but no formal lunch, poor little girl, starved by her papa.

So my long list of things to get done is only partially completed and I'm pretty discouraged about it all.

So tomorrow becomes very important as I have several reports to get out the door by tomorrow night or by the next morning.  I've found this Christmas season to be very tough to cope with overall.  Right now I've signed up for a new weight program at the club but am not sure how to even get started or when I'm to check in at the club, I've not time to even get started, my blood sugar numbers are awful, I have very little energy to do anything, I need to move a load of wood to the back porch, I need to grocery shop and I need to get Christmas cards written and out.  I hate to admit it but I just sort of feel out of control and totally behind with everything.  Not a great feeling.  The salvation is that I'll soon get to spend time with family and that's the great part.

So right now its off to bed.  Sending love to all


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment