Sunday, September 4, 2011

Four out the door!

Dear Family, Friends and Curious onlookers,

So this has been a flat out work day.  I slept in this morning feeling I could use some rest.  Then I rolled out and picked up Starr from her towel where she sleeps, put her in the backet I carry her in and headed downstairs.  The morning was cool and beautiful.  Next on the agenda was cleaning my desk up so I could see what I needed to do.  The piles were deep.

Meanwhile I had steel cut oats courtesy of Sylvia cooking their 15 minutes on power level 4 in the microwave oven.  Having some very ripe bananas on hand I sliced up one into the oatmeal.  Oh it was good and hearty.

Then it was back to the office to sort items, to clean up conditions that were stacking up and then finally around noon I was able to start to do writeups.  I've worked non stop since then and its just after 10 now.  During that time I've written up 4 reports, all due and with anxious clients waiting.  Now there are some blank spot on the board where these orders have been completed.  It feels very good.

During bathroom breaks I've been reading the Joyce Meyer book Dolly shipped to me.  It was full of incredible stuff today, stuff that hit me right in the heart.  The themes were accepting God's forgiveness and then moving on, not living in a world of darkness and guilt but in a world of light and production.  Every word hit home and really helped.

This morning I sent an email to Linda, Richard's wife.  Richard is our long time friend who lives in Hilo who just died from GIST.  I felt I needed to reach out, especially after I came across a recent email from Richard to me about Nan's courage and our friendship.  A short time later she responded and it was a very meaningful exchange between to survivers who have lost loved ones to GIST.  She is coping as well as she can but oh those first few days are like sleep walking, you just can't believe it has happened and everything seems just over, finished, hopeless.

Now I law me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.........

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment