Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stunning day

What a day to enjoy, of course I'm stuck to this chair writing reports so the day's enjoyment was tempered a bit.

I slept really poorly last night, perhaps it was that can of soda way to late in the evening along with the griller I did on the BBQ.

This morning Starr and I came down early and with a much cleaner deck and table outside I took the laptop out there and in the cool morning air sipped the mocha and checked out emails.  Eventually I came in to work and after steel cut oats I really started working.  The first report seemed to take a long time but this was a day for contrasts.  It had a value of less than $200,000 and located in Richmond. The next one is located in Palo Alto a few blocks from Stanford University and had a value well over a million dollars.  While writing that appraisal I plugged in the scandisk with the photos, shortly thereafter my computer screen turned solid blue and for the next two hours it would not reboot.  I even had Jim coming tomorrow to see if he could get a little bit more life from it and then I turned to find it laboring to start up again and its been up and working since.  The scandisk which came from CostCo will not read in the card reader, I can only get the photos out by plugging a cable directly into the camera and pulling them out that way.  Nikki says she too has had a bad experience with a scan disk from CostCo.  This is not good, in busy times like this I'd not like to have to back and retrace my steps for a whole day retaking photos!

Now its bedtime and in all its been a good day.  I have almost everything scheduled for the upcoming week, with loads of work Steve and I are both slammed.  Its a blessing but still very stressful.

So here's to a good week, love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment