Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sabbath rest was good

Dear Family and Friends,
This morning I slept in.  After an intense week it felt good to just wake up naturally.  I slipped downstairs and took time to rinse off the bug, then had a whole wheat bagel and oatmeal.  Visited Tracy SDA Worship Hour and heard an interesting sermon by one of the laypeople.  Unfortunately I found myself nodding off at times but I think I got most of it.

This afternoon I rested a bit, watched some really good programs on the Christian dish and then swept the back deck.  Starr also got a bath this afternoon and she really needed it.

This evening I had desert with a friend at the Stockton Marie Calendar's, rubarb pie, excellent but they have such tiny pieces now but the price is the same.

Now its bed time and a very big workday tomorrow.  How nice God knew we needed to put on the brakes every 7 days and just catch out breath.

So I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment