Monday, September 5, 2011

Well we did pray for work!!

The day started at 6:10 with the thrill sounds of an alarm waking me from some delightful dream.  Oh how I wanted to just go back to bed but knowing what was to come I resisted.

Quickly dressing for a warm day I headed downstairs, grabbed a boiled egg and waters, did quick research and left for Richmond.  Upon arriving the owners were waiting outside for me but the tenants were not awake and resisted the early morning inspection.  Finally through patient insistance the owners gained access.  There were many bodies in the house, not sure how they were all related but anyway I got my photos and was on my way.  The comps I had carefully selected did NOT work.  The sales were just way too nice so I scrambled to find others more similar to the subject and on the same side of the freeway.  I think I found enough. Then it was on to Martinez to see a townhome.  The Jewish lady was leaving for 2 weeks in New York and she was excited.  We had a nice discussion about Carnegie Hall and various places to eat and then I was on my way again.  By this point I was seriously hungry so the GPS found a Burger King and I had an agreeable lunch.

It was now time to head to Berkeley to do a field review and the sales price had been 2.1 million so the comps were spread all over Berkeley from beside the Claremont Hotel to the top of the hills near the north end of Berkeley.  It took some time to wind my way all over the hills and through the crowds, can we say, holiday in Berkeley, wild long line for an ice cream parlor, people all over the streets, the parks, the sidewalks so it was slow going.  Finally I had finished the last of the comps and headed to Napa.  I had no idea what I was about to head into!

The one in Napa was an appraisal of a property with 10 acres near Lake Berryessa (sp).  The appraiser had selected comparables that ranged in location from Fairfield to the hills west of Napa heading for Sonoma.  It took 4 hours and over 60 miles of driving to reach all the comparables he had chosen, shoot a photo and move on.  Thank goodness for the GPS which never failed once but its hard to be patient when you need to find a place to find a snack, go to the bathroom or just find a straight road instead of switchbacks and narrow mountain paths they call roads.  It was an ordeal and I shot the last photo on Old Sonoma Road as darkness was approaching.  Had I checked out all the details I would have asked for a higher fee or turned it down.  Something to remember for the future.

Now I'm home arriving at about 9 pm.  I had a nice talk with Jerry who had to hang up, ice cream was waiting and Lois who had been pestering me to get home so we could go to get Burritos.  Oh how I would have loved to be home in time but it was not to be.

When I got home Starr was in a bit of a mess, she had rolled onto her side, had gone to the bathroom on her pad and desperately needed to drink some water.  Now she is fully recovered and not even barking at me anymore.  She does not like me to be gone so long but of course if she wants future dog food then I'll have to be gone some of the time.

So now, the holiday is over and we all head back to what we do.

Love to all,

Tim

Am really enjoying the Joyce Meyer book, very good stuff on forgiveness and moving on with our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment