Monday, September 23, 2013

A sad day here in Discovery Bay

As I write this evening my heart is sad for a family who lost their little boy today.

I don't know details, it will be on the news tonight.  What I do know is a young boy who was riding his bike to the middle school was hit and killed in an accident today near the school.  To think that there is a family out there who has lost their son is really hard to accept.  What a huge tragedy and the lady that was responsible will never be the same again.  No matter what the details are about how it happened it is a very sad day for Discovery Bay.

I woke early and seeing an order floating on my phone rushed downstairs but alas it was already gone, some other eager beaver had grabbed it.  Oh well, perhaps they needed it worse than I do.

I prepared for the Modesto appointment and left using the levee road and going through Tracy so I was unaware of the accident until later.  I arrived a few minutes late and found a huge, I mean store sized home on a bluff above the river.  It took nearly an hour to measure the home and it was all of 5,400 sf to be sure.  It was so nicely appointed and well built with multiple decks, a stone pathway that led to a lower lawn area near the river.  The rooms were large and most of the floors on the main level were large tiles that looked like stones, of course there were multiple fireplaces, high ceilings, special lighting fixtures, beautiful wood cabinets and a huge kitchen.  Outside there were two boxers who were not sure I really belonged there but they were in their dog run.

Eventually I finished my work there and drove the comps, nothing is as nice as this home so writing the report will be a challenge to be sure.

I had worked up an appetite so asked the GPS to find lunch.  It found a Fuddruckers and lunch was really great, a vegeburger and a salad, excellent taste.  I'll go back when in Modesto, it was that good.

Then I found a Walmart and returned a sea sick medicine I had purchased before the found the right stuff at CVS.  Then I drove to Stockton to the Harbor Freight and returned a tail light set I had purchased for the boat that I didn't need.  So I have $44 in my pocket now.

Then home to set up orders and to write conditions and this even write appraisals.  Now I'm out of eye sight, worn out and I'm turning in.  I'm still a bit tired from yesterday's big adventure out to sea.

Tomorrow morning I write things again and then head to a noon appointment in Fairfield and back to a 2 pm appointment in Antioch, then back home to write more and get things emailed out.  I'm suddenly busy again and I'm thankful but stressed.

Sending love to all,

Lets treasure our loved one even more,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment