Saturday, September 7, 2013

Greetings from eastland

Good evening,
 I'm Snuggled away in my hotel room this evening. It's been a very good day. I've spent the entire day with family lots of family members. This evening we had a very special birthday party for Joe he's just turned 75 years old and lots of people came to help them celebrate.
During the day we drove down to the back of his 300 acres where he has dozens of lots that people can rent for recreational needs and saw a very interesting part of Texas.
The weather has been overcast hot humid a little bit of rain and typical Texas all day.
Last night I got in pretty late after missing my plane in Oakland.
At 12:30 I finally checked in and learned they had saved me a smoking room.
As lots of hunters were in town fore a dove hunting celebration I had the only room left.  So I slept with smoke. Not so cool. Woke with raw throat but then had a good breakfast in motel and drove out to try to find their place. Took two try's but I did find it.

This afternoon the management moved me to a nicer non smoking room and I'm happier!

I leave from Dallas sometime tomorrow afternoon but I'm not sure when. I'll have to find out tomorrow. 

Someone very special drove here today from Oklahoma, dear aunt Ann hottal. She and Jim taught at Lodi for years and nan was living with them when we first met. She is a precious 81 year old lady who thinks nothing of driving 6 hours in her accord. Amazing lady with a powerful faith.
Well it's bedtime.
Love to all and especially to Jason, Nikki, Steve and Jo.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment