Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rough traffic

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm finally home after the worst traffic I've seen in over a year.  101 going north took 90 minutes to go 12 miles turning a planned 45 minute early arrival into a 30 minute late arrival, the sun was almost down when I finally arrived.  The tenant was so very gracious but it was a tough late afternoon.

I left on time at 1 and arrived at 2:30 on time in San Jose.  The home was beautiful and that one went great.  Then I drove to the next one in Cupertino and that one went great in spite of the lady's dog trying to take off my arm.  So I was ahead of schedule as I left for the next appointment which should have been no more than 30 minutes away.  I'm not sure what happened but 101 never moved above 5 mph for the entire time I was on it and often we just sat for minutes.  Other drivers were amazingly calm in spite of the horrible traffic mess.

On this day the fact that I now have an automatic was nice in that I did not have to constantly do the clutch, that part was great.

Tomorrow I'm again on the road, Emeryville at 10, Modesto at 1 and Livermore at 4 or before.  Plus several reports are due tomorrow and I'm not going to make the deadlines, not good.

Right now I'm heading for bed, I'm pretty tired and worn out as you might imagine.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment