Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back bug goes to bug doctor in Turlock

I'm just back from towing the black VW to Turlock to a mechanic that both Ron and Art has used for their engines.  It was interesting in that I was getting as many reports out as I could, about 6 when one went sailing away on the email I just decided today was the day.  I checked with Mr Dizney and he said it was fine, bring it over. 

I had to change the ball as the tow dolly takes a larger one than normal to hook up to behind the motorhome.  I was really sweating backing up to the tow dolly with the motorhome and Gary my long time neighbor was out, I asked if he would help and he expertly guided me right in, that helped a lot.  Then with the trusty GPS and a bottle of water I made the trip.  It was about 62 miles and when I got there everything was dark as I was told it would be.  I pulled up next to the building, set the brakes on the bug, unhooked the tie downs, pulled forward in the motorhome and the bug slipped right off the trailer.

Next I pushed the bug back from the street, locked it up and hit the key, leaving one of my cards in the drivers seat.

I secured the tow dolly, found a Sonic nearby for a quick dinner, fun to sit in the motorhome at the table to eat.  Then I headed home, kept it at 60 and made it home just after 10 pm.  It needed to be done as I'm sure I would start getting tickets on it parked in the street like it was, plus I need to put the motorhome away where it belongs.

Tomorrow I see a couple in Brentwood and then a couple in San Jose, it will be a late night tomorrow night for sure.  Then on Friday there are couple more to see.  Steve is giving excellent help, Jessy is on vacation to Austin Texas and life is good.

My friend sent me an email today and included some photos, that was very nice of her.

Good night or morning friends and family,


Love


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment