Sunday, September 1, 2013

A very busy and productive day

yes I know it was hot too, about 90 and with the sun I picked up on Sat. during my walk in Benicia and the sun today I feel toasted. 
I got up this morning feeling very low energy, had a San Francisco Coffee which I made an iced coffee, it was already too hot for hot coffee.

I knew I had to do the tough job today, borrow Steve's Pilot, move the box trailer out of the way after moving the motorhome renters Acura to the street.  This was just so I could get to the tow dolly which was buried deep in the side yard parking pad.

Once I got the tow dolly attached I drop to Steves to pick up the come a long, a winching device that lets you drag things where you want them.  I wanted the old bug up and on the tow dolly, usually I drive it there but with no engine I had to use this device.  It worked well and after a long time of winching it rolled into place.  Then I put the canvas tie downs on the wheels, cinched them down and started the slow process of pulling the tow dolly and the bug home.  I drove 35 mph and took back roads pulling over whenever people were behind.

Once I pulled up in front of my house I foolishly thought I could back the bug into the side parking place but backing up something on a tow dolly is not so easy.  My friend Tom Miller could could it because he is used to driving big trucks and knows how to back a trailer behind the truck.  I discovered that logic alone is not enough and gave up parking it on the street in front of my house.

Once that was done then it was time to hook up to the box trailer and back it in where it had been before.  Oh I forgot one thing.  As I was backing in to hook up to the tow dolly I happened to look at the fence and it was alive with wasps, they had a large nest and were going strong.  Well all I had was ant killer but I shot lots of it into the next and there were some very sick wasps and some very angry ones as well.  They patrolled for the rest of the day.

Once I had the vehicles in place I took Steve's Pilot back by way of the gas pump to replace what I had used.  Then it was back home where I planned to rest but the front yard was high and I have this great mower now that starts easily and works perfectly, so in spite of being 3 pm and very hot I mowed the lawn after edging it first.  Then with the lawn mowed I turned to some bushes that seem to grow overnight and I trimmed them which seemed to take forever.  Then I went for a cool drink.  That gave me the energy to find a heavy duty black yard sack and I filled it with the branches and limbs I had trimmed off the plants and bushes.  Then I swept up the lingering mess and ended up with the power blower.  Everything looks much better now, much much better and my body has enjoyed the bending, pulling, cranking, pushing it has had all day.

I have the spa heating and my body is ready to relax.  Oh and just a few minutes ago I went to Safeway for one thing, some Arnold Palmer, a combo of iced tea and lemonade and found some 0 calorie Arnold Palmer, not that I love those fake sugars but I do like the 0 calories, no sugar.
Of course the visit to the Safeway resulted in a $58 bill.

Well that is all from here.  Tomorrow I write up some reports and hope, pray for work for Steve and me.

Love to all,

Tim

ps.  This evening I've been trying to time the boat but its a bit confusing.  I consulted with Steve, Jerry and my long time friend Ron, I was not able to determine on the internet the property timing for this engine.  One site indicated 15 degrees before top dead center but Ron thinks it is more like 4 to 8 degrees.  He may be able to give me a hand in the morning, the boat ran nicely while sitting in the driveway but Ron says it needs a load to find out if it is working or not.  I will talk to him more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment