Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wow, a packed day for an old guy!

So I'm finally in my office chair, dead tired but relieved that the day is over.

Started at 7, shower, rush down to do research for appraisal in Manteca, leave late for Manteca, arrive late in Manteca, forgiving owner.  Cute little place with its own yard yet considered a condo, strange indeed.  Comps all nearby.

Hit Starbucks for multi grain bagel with butter, light mocha and a nice chat with my friend.  Then it was back on the road, this time to Costco in Tracy for a battery, the shop had already called to say the battery was toast and their price was too high at $133.

Purchase battery for $84 plus tax and core charge, drive to Brentwood, unload battery, they install it and confirm that the alternator is only putting out 9 volts, needs to put out 14.  Ouch, lots of bucks to make it happen.  Left for home office.

Home office, Jessy working away, I prepare for afternoon of seeing Danville duet, then Castro Valley home and then driveby in Livermore on the way home.  Fuel very low after first inspection, Gas Buddy tells me diesel is $3,97 on Bernal at a Safeway.  I limp there hoping not to run out, diesel is $4.29, I feel burned, I report to Gas Buddy their error.  I buy three gallons after I find a credit card that will work.

On the way to Livermore after Castro Valley I stop at Costco, turn in old battery and get my $9.00 back.  Also look into tires for the van and getting those horrible run flat PAX tires off of it.  Won't be cheap, tires are only about $600 but have to buy new rims to replace the PAD rims, that could cost some bucks.  This set of run flats are wearing terrible, look awful, Honda's worst idea ever!

Upon arriving at home picked up Marilyn and she and I drove over to pick up Civic at STeve and Nikki's saw girls for a minute.

Now ready to crash, dead tired.  Glad all days are not like this one.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment