Monday, September 9, 2013

Whew, its hot here

Good evening,
While Mt. Diablo burns and the smoke swirls around us we take note that it is very hot.  On my return trip from Livermore this afternoon it was 101 on the outside temp reading in the VW.

I've come arrived home after a nice evening with a new friend.  A very pleasant experience aided by my friends Ron and Lydia and I do appreciate their help.

I rose this morning and went outside to dump the tanks in the motorhome, it came back last Wednesday and I had forgotten to dump the tanks.  So I managed to get it backed in between the black bug which is still on the tow dolly in the street and the boat that is parked in the driveway.  I now have a very long hose made up of several hoses to dump the tanks and it all went well.  I also refilled the fresh water tank while I was there.  Then I put the coach back and came in to work on an appraisal that needed to be completed.  While I was working something went wrong in the computer and the sketch file became corrupted, I was out of business and the client was very anxious to get the report.  I was set to be in Livermore at 11 and so I started out but the client begged me for the report so I turned back, feeling the stress and connected to my software vendor, they offer constant help if needed.

They controlled my computer, found the bad file, set it aside after renaming it and then I was able to do a new sketch of this condo in the Oakland hills, finish the report and get it to them.  I was in my car to leave when  text came in telling me things needed to be changed in the report, so I turned off the car and came back in, opened it up and fixed things, locked it up and resent it to them, then I was able to leave for the appointment, fortunately the owner was home until 2 pm and I arrived at about 1:45 and was able to do my work. 

So after a quick stop at Starbucks for a Iced Chai Tea Latte with non fat milk I drove home with the temperature about 100 outside and smoke billowing from nearby Mt. Diablo, I was about 5 miles from the fire but it was pretty obvious that there was a fire taking place.

Once I got home I worked some more on a new report and then headed to Tracy for dinner.  All in all it was a good day and my ancient central AC is working well in the house and is backed up with some wall units.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler a bit and each day after is cooler still.

I would like to report that Steve has two orders to prepare tomorrow which I consider a direct answer to prayer.  Oh how thankful I am that orders are slowly coming in.

Right now its bedtime and I intend to be back working at 6 in the morning.  Love to all.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment