Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kiddo day

Well it works, we picked up the van tonight and Nikki reports that it cools very well.  The tech that worked on it said it was down to 34 degrees, that pretty good really and it has a 1 year warranty on parts and labor so lets hope that is done.

This morning I woke to do a bit of work and then drive to Milpitas to see Mia and grandparent day.  Only problem was that first we had to take the van to Brentwood to the shop and leave it, then I came back and left from home.  Vasco Road was a parking lot, there had been a big accident so it took 45 minutes to traverse Vasco Road when it is usually about 15 minutes.  That meant I arrived at school at 10:44 when my goal was 10.  I had fun playing with Mia and her friends outside, then it was time to come in and sing and then one of the Grandparents read a story and then I bid her good bye and came back home.  This time no traffic, just stupid freeway sweepers, they really big me, they hold up traffic for miles behind and involve a lot of vehicles, a CHP, a water truck.  Who really cares if the middle of the freeway is clear of trash or not?  And why can't this be done at night when it would involve a lot less traffic disruption.

A Costco stop got me some dog food and a few other things.  Then it was time to pickup the girls from school.  They were in great spirits and we had fun until 2 pm when I left to see a house a block away.  What an amazing place, built with the highest quality materials, solid walnut, plush carpeting, high end appliances, marble floors and on and on.  I was doing it to determine a value as of the day of death for the lady of the house.  They had been married 63 years.  pretty amazing property.

Then it was back home to work a bit, then drive Nikki and the girls to Brentwood to pick up the car and while we were there we went to BJs for dinner, very good food.

Now I'm home and on my way to bed.

Tomorrow I spend the day with Bob at Apple Hill which is just above Placerville where we will visit various orchards and farms.  Its a wonderful place to visit and they have apple doughnuts!

Jo just sent a photo taken today which I have included here.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment