Friday, September 13, 2013

After a long week there are many things to be thankful for

Good evening,

Just back from IHOP where we waited forever to be served, over 30 minutes before the hostess finally took pity and took our order.  They were slammed with lots of customers but the food was very good and filling.

I rolled out this morning at 5:20, could not sleep any more, my mind was concerned that I would reach my first appointment in San Leandro by 9 am considering morning traffic.  Funny I actually arrived 30 minutes early.  It was good to see the owner again, I've done this 4 plex a number of times over the years and it still needs nearly everything to make it livable.  He has remodeled one unit which is where he and his wife life.  When I went to take the bedroom photo I found her still in bed so I just pointed the camera the other way.  My work is almost never boring!

Once I left the 4 plex I then drove to Alameda and found a very nice guy and his townhome on a quiet court.  Then I found a Starbucks but they were not friendly like I'm used to.  I drove to Concord where I inspected a little home that had been updated by investors and was selling for a good price.

Once I was through I headed home, encountered a bit of traffic but not awful.  Once home I went to work on the 4 plex but I'm not completed yet.  He needs it by Monday to fight his taxes being raised.

A funny thing happened this afternoon, a nice black pickup pulled into the driveway and the guys ask if I wanted to sell the motorhome, I said yes for $31,000.  They didn't want to pay that much.  Then they asked about the boat and I told them $3,500 but then the phone rang and it was my good friend so I turned away and they left.  They said they would come again another day.  Strange that they wanted to pay me cash money on the spot for either the motorhome or the boat.  Somehow it does not sound just right.

Well I'm very ready for bed now, this has been a week with ups and downs like usual.  I'm sitting pretty good with orders now and Steve has some too.  For that we are both very grateful, work is such a blessing and I really enjoy working with so many fine people in the industry.

Sending love to all,  enjoy the Sabbath, I intend to by bringing Kallie in the morning, can't wait.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment