Friday, November 29, 2013

A Wonderful Thanksgiving in Weed

I'm writing this evening from the office of Jerry and Donna in Weed.  It has been an incredible day with perfect weather, family here for breakfast and then the spread of Thanksgiving.  Donna is pretty incredible at pulling everything together, all the food was warm at the same time and everything was excellent.

Unfortunately I woke feeling really rough and I've been bad all day long.  I'm not sure what is the problem but I've been really  under the weather.  During the night Marilyn sleeps in the bedroom and we close a door between the front and back of the coach.  The temperature is about 10 degrees hotter than the front where I sleep so I froze all night and she was too warm.  Tonight Jerry has given me a little heater for the front area and tonight I will be warmer.

So I'm not sure what is wrong and when it will pass.  I do notice that I'm suffering from the altitude in that I'm short of breath.  We are about 3,700 feet here at Jerry's home and it is enough for my lungs to know the difference.

Enough with my whining.  Its been a day with family and humor, snacks and football.  One of the daughters, Cynthia, is learning to be a truck driver so is on the road traveling the country.  In the last few days she has been in LA, Sacramento and is now heading back east.  Its a bold adventure but she was wanted to become a driver for years.  Now she is making it happen but that meant she was not here for the day, she was missed.

It felt strange to not be with the kiddos but I know they had very good days with their friends.

I would appreciate your prayers that I can quickly recover and be able to drive home on time.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment