Thursday, November 21, 2013

Blowing in the wind

Just home from a little trip to IHOP in Tracy for dinner with Lois and Marilyn.  What a windy blustery day but a very good day as well for me.

Up at 6, rethought and reset the alarm for 7 am.  Then it was up shower, have my steel cut oats and prepare for the day.  First I needed to do research for three properties, an almost new property located the Lakes here at Discovery Bay, then a townhome in one of the nicer developments in Walnut Creek and then back to Bay Point for the sale of a nice little home.

In spite of cold wind the day went well.  The owner in Discovery Bay was really great and they have already started fixing the home up since they purchased it.  Its a home built by Kiper, the same company who build nice homes in Tracy many years ago, ones where Steve and Sylvia purchased when they arrived in Tracy so long ago.  It was a nice single story home with over 2,000 sf.

Once I was through I headed to Walnut Creek and with no traffic on the roads but lots of wind I arrived to find a near perfect townhome.  The owner, a sweet 76 year old lady, had lived in the home since it was newly completed many years ago.  It still looks new throughout.

Then it was back to Bay Point which is near Pittsburg just over the hill from Concord.  The daughter was able to do the interpreting for me as mom and dad did not do much English.  The home is pretty nice but there is no sign out front, a bit unusual.  The comps took a little longer to find as they were located up to a mile from each other.

Then it was back into some traffic as darkness settled over Contra Costa County.

So I decided to have a good omelet with spinach and mushrooms.  Service lagged a bit, there was only one waitress but the food was very good.

Now we are home and I've just built a fire to ward off the intense cold, 66 degrees!!  I know that is California cold, not Rhode Island cold or Weed cold.

Freddie my VW mechanic called to say he could not locate a used motor mount today so ordered one from VW.  Cost is $141 and it will take a couple hours to get it installed.

Tomorrow I'll get up, do the treadmill and then work up the three appraisals that are on my plate and hope, pray for more work.  Its so slow right now.  I've not had any work for Jessy all week and that makes me sad as she needs to make a living too.

Good night one and all,

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment