Friday, November 15, 2013

Winding down time cometh

So as quiet classical piano plays through the Bose speakers from KQED and dark has enveloped the whole house I'm sitting here ready to communicate with you my family and friends.

This has been some week, with the Affordable Health Care act failing on nearly every level and its backers running for the exits there is a sense of recognition, a lot of us thought this could happen but we were the nuts, the  ones in the way of progress,  well no more.  What we have seen this week is only the beginning of the disaster, millions of Americans will pay more for coverage they do not want, others will give up and just pay the fine, the super ill will quickly sign up, well when they can and in the process begin the process of sinking the entire plan.

I know of nothing the government can do better than free americans who put their minds together to solve problems, nothing.  And this week we all got a huge reality check of just how badly government can mess things up.

Today has been a write up day for me, finishing up what reports I had to complete.  They are all out and just at the last minute two new orders arrived in email.  I'm already scheduled to see one on Sunday morning and I'll get the other one before the weekend is over.

I'm thankful for so many things this evening, a home, family, a job, so so health and plenty of food to eat, water to drink.  I'm thankful for friends like Barb and Gerry in Lincoln, friends who have stood the test of time for many years, precious people indeed, for Dolly who is always there praying and being encouraging, for George and Yvonne who always have a welcome greeting and often books, CDs etc for the kiddos, for Sylvia who is a life long friend and who knows a lot about health, medicine and life, for Pam with her frequent calls just to check up on me all the way from Seattle, to Bob who knows and understands perfectly, to Art who is always there and is a life long friend and to so many others who enhance my life.

While I am fully aware that my life is not complete as I would like it to be, that I'm alone a lot more than I would like to be yet there are moments of calm from time to time.

I am going to Jerry and Donna's for Thanksgiving, while Marilyn is still here we are going to drive the motorhome up the 300 miles to spend Thanksgiving with the family there.  I'm really looking forward to getting on the road and with the tank almost full to start with the expense will be manageable as long as the hook up fees at Jerry and Donna's RV park are not too high, one can just hope they have a heart of mercy!

At this point I'm not sure of kiddos for SS in the morning.  I know Keanna is doing a Turkey 5k trot somewhere but I'm not sure when.  So we will just see what happens.

Sending love to the best friends and family in the world,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment