Monday, November 11, 2013

Great fun being Pappa

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow what a busy 24 hours this has been.  Kallie went down last night, to bed on her own with no requests for water or anything else.  She just went to sleep and that was it until 7:30 this morning.

We made waffles for breakfast and after she requested a fire I built one that lifted the Family room to 75 degrees, it was toasty.

Mid morning Keanna came home from her overnight stay with her friend Summer who lives nearby.

I worked all through the morning cranking out reports.  Around 1 I asked them if they wanted to eat, they did so we went to Red Robin.  It was a 45 minute wait to be seated, no way, just too long so we went to UNOs and had a nice meal without waiting.

Then back to the office and dropped the girls off with their father.  Then back to Brentwood where something new happened.

The owners had two latches on their gate to the side yard area and both latches opened to the street.  The gate blew shut as I passed through and when I was finished with the back yard I was locked in.  about 20 minutes later I figured out how to use my clipboard to trip the bottom latch, then hold pressure on the gate and trip the top one, I was free.

The second exciting thing was my measuring wheel was safe in the garage and I was in Brentwood so I used the tape that Marilyn had purchased as a standby.  Took a little longer but it worked and that one is now done too.

I'm dead tired tonight and not really feeling too great.  The tennis elbow is always with me and along with the coughing I just don't feel that great.

Oh well, such is life,

tomorrow morning we take the beetle to get its motor mounts installed, then race to Mountain House to see a newly completed home, then race back to the office to get it written up before 3 pm and then race to Vallejo to see a property at 4 pm.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment