Friday, November 22, 2013

Gathering holidays, an excuse to love

Dear Family and Friends,

So here they come, the holidays, first is Thanksgiving with its feast, parade, games, family chatter and a chance to be extra thankful, then there is Christmas with all its excitement, presents, sharing.

Kallie told me that Christmas is not just about presents but its about remembering the baby Jesus, I was touched as she explained in a 5 year old manner what is really important about the day and the season.

So do you plan ahead and have everything done by weeks ahead or are you more like me and you do most of your special shopping in the last few hours?  Gotta say the selection is really bad when you wait until the day before,  really bad.

One nice thing about this holiday season is lower gas prices, not that they are great but Costco in Tracy was $3.19 for regular, now when one fills the motorhome $3.19 makes a different, a big difference. Since it hold 60 gallons a few cents per gallon can add up.

Tomorrow will be special.  Ryan and his family are going to be in Tracy tomorrow.  He is one of the great kids that our family knows and loves and his coming to visit has prompted Jason and family to also come to Tracy tomorrow.  I'm not sure yet about my kiddo girls but I'll be there to see my other kiddos and Jason and Jo for sure.

So finally we can put the week to rest, with its terrific rain storms, its winds, its cold nights and warm fires.  This week is one we cannot repeat so lets hope we did at least some things of eternal significance.  I especially enjoyed doing the puzzle with Kallie and listening to her wisdom as we worked together.  Amazing self confidence, well of course I can find pieces better than you, I have young eyes and you have old eyes but we need each other.

On this run up weekend to the start of the holidays I'm just thankful to be alive, determined to be better in all ways, thankful for work and in total debt to my Savior who is always there caring and loving no matter what happens.

Blessings on all of you tonight,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment