Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wedding on the waves

Good evening,

So at 8:40 this morning I pulled up to the playing field where Keanna was playing her heart out in the early morning cold air.  Alas victory was not to be today but all the girls had a very good time and did their best.  The other team had several girls that were about 2 feet taller than Keanna and could kick half the field when given the ball.  Anyway Keanna and Sharron her dear friend were happy after the game.

Then I headed back home to work on the wedding service.  With that completed I rested and watched the Christian satellite stations for awhile until it was time to dress and go.  I arrived first at the home where the hosts were waiting.  A lovely home and recently updated with direct water access and a 42 foot Grand Banks Trawler with its engines rumbling.  Soon the wedding party arrived and we boarded for the greater delta.  We cruised for about 30 minutes until we found a nice place near ski beach, dropped anchor and snacked on treats, they had Champagne and I enjoyed water.

We had the service up near the bow and it went well.  Debbie and Erv exchanged very well thought out vows and we concluded the service.  All the while they had a phone line open to Hawaii where their dear friends were vacationing so they were able to hear the service as well.

Afterwards we snacked, chatted and enjoyed the very beautiful day with a gentle breeze, warm sun and rocking water.  Eventually we headed back to toward Discovery Bay and into the sunset.  It was a very beautiful day and I'm so glad they have found each other.  I believe they will be very happy.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to seeing my 4 kiddos at at least 3 parents at the zoo in Oakland.  What fun that will be!

So I'm going to include a few photos I shot this afternoon.

Love to all

Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment