Thursday, November 7, 2013

Traffic, slow and costly today

Good evening

This morning started at 6 am.  After a shower it was 6:30 and I had a warm drink, a bottle of water and a bowl of granola along with a wheat toast and peanut butter with applesauce over the top.  Excellent.

I left for a Cupertino appointment after 8 and it all went smoothly until the end of Vasco Road.  Traffic was stopped and it was a 5 mph pace until I reached 680, many miles later.  In that short section of freeway I lost an hour and I arrived at 10:45 for a 10 am appointment.  The owner was gracious and the home beautiful and spacious.  I'm seeing a value of 2.4 million at least.  It has a super location in Cupertino, a place that is highly desirable, schools are great, work is near and the neighborhoods are filled with mature trees, distant Santa Cruz Mountains, narrow streets and such beautiful elevations.

Once I was through with shooting 9 comparables then I turned to the trip to Concord.  With little traffic in the way the trip was easy but I still arrived at 1:32 when the owner had expected 12:30.  He had worked all night and was so sleepy.

Before long I had that one completed, found a Starbucks who amazingly had steel cut bagels left.  I enjoyed the bagel with cream cheese and took a break before venturing into Martinez to shoot comps for the last appointment of the day.  Then Jessy traveled out to join me for the appointment and we inspected a very lovely home on over an acre.  In the course of the inspection I discovered that they were Seventh-day Adventists and attended Pleasant Hill church.  They knew the Vogels very well and the Seyfangs as well.  We had a great visit.   Then Jessy left for her counseling job at San Quentin and I faced the traveling home traffic.

My trip was made more enjoyable as Jason called and we talked nearly an hour while we both commuted home.  It was great.

Tomorrow morning at 10 I'm taking my green new beetle to Precision Alignment to see if they can solve the shaking that takes place when I reach 40 mph.  I hope, I pray that they can solve it without totally breaking the bank.  I trust this company, they did the new springs for the front of the motorhome and even charged less than they had quoted.

Good night one and all,

Love to each and every one of you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment