Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Flu Shots and the girls

Down the hall and out the door, Kallie was having none of this flu shot business.  Keanna tried to reason with her as she had already had the shot and while it hurt she was doing OK.  Finally the nurse and I cornered Kallie and with Keanna there too we moved her to the room and quickly Kallie had her shot and it was over.

Then we went to the bowling alley to meet Nikki and the girls enjoyed their time there.  I went on to Kaiser to have my blood drawn for Coumadin.

Early this morning I started calling Brian who had the green beetle and who was going to install new motor mounts for a cost of $1284.  I woke troubled by a number of things but the cost seemed too high.  I finally reached him and while he was not happy he said, come pick up your car.  I dropped $40 on his desk for his trouble and drove the bug home.  My new friend in Turlock who happens to work on VWs suggested that he could do the entire job for a lot less so he is checking on parts now and we will do it that way.  When Brian said he had to order the parts from VW I should have told him no thanks right then.  When my heating fan quit VW wanted over $300 and I got a new one on the web for $65 and it worked well.

I waited to talk to IRS this morning for over 30 minutes and the battery failed in the phone I was using so I've not faced that hurdle yet.

The coughing, the heavy feeling in my chest, the headache    it all just adds up to not feeling well.

Perhaps someday things will be better, right now its just very discouraging.  The high point of this day was having the girls here.  They are so happy, do their homework on their own and are just a delight.  I just wish I could spend time with my other two precious kiddos too.  They are all so bright, precious and a gift from a loving Heavenly Father.

Love to all of you tonight,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment