Thursday, January 2, 2014

The New Year

Good evening,

So the holidays are over and life resumes in this new year.  During this year we will all have birthdays, we will work, play, sleep and try to make sense out of a world that seems to be more crazy every week.  Perhaps its just my age but there are so many changes I don't even want to hear about any more.  How I worry about the little ones growing up in a very different world than I knew when I was growing up.

Today I rolled out late having stayed up late last night, then came down to a house that was 56 degrees.  After making some decaf and making oatmeal I knelt down before the wood stove, loaded it up with wood from Steve and Jerry and some that I purchased a year ago.  Soon the fire was roaring and in an hour I had the house up to about 69, much better and it held most of the day.

Having received an order during the night I discovered that it had a Supra Key lock box, was vacant and ready to be appraised.  So I drove to Pittsburg, inspected a very ordinary property, shot the comps and then drove to IHOP for lunch, I drove right back out as every parking place was filled.  This is an IHOP that has only average service when its not busy, I could only imagine how long one would have to wait today.  I then drove to Costco but found only an empty parking lot.  The company has graciously given their workers the day off.  No problem, all I needed was water.  So I headed home to work.  This afternoon Nikki made contact to see if I wanted to eat, well of course.  We drove over to Stockton to the Old Spaghetti Factory and had a really decent meal, nice to have a quiet time with family.

So its been a good day, this first day in the new year.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment