Monday, February 28, 2011

Forgetful at times

Dear Family and Friends,

So this morning we walked and it was 33 degrees.  Yes we did notice the temperature and yes we were very glad to get back into warm houses.  But we lived through it just fine and got the nice benefit from the walk and the very fresh air.

Then it was get out the door on time for a 10 am appointment in Tracy.  I saw my most perfect pool ever.  It was just so nicely constructed, in fact the entire property was a real turnkey one.  And in the corner of the living room stood a little grand that was constructed in 1938 circa.  It has recently been restored and what a fine instrument it was.  Once I left the property and started to try to find the comps I discovered the GPS was still on vacation.  In desperation I ended up using the GPS in my phone and it worked great.

At noon I met a gentleman who went with me as we inspected some little homes for an estate and then after seeing these three properties it was time for a food break.  Taco Bell ended up meeting the basic needs and I used the table to plot out all the comp photos I would need for the three properties.  Then it was time to go shooting.  Once they were all done I headed to Brentwood but it was at Taco Bell that I made a startling discovery.  My key ATM/credit card was not in my wallet.  So as one does I began to run the places I had been and might have used the card through my mind.  Eventually I settled on Red Robin in Pleasanton and when I called they confirmed it was in their safe.

My first inclination was to just drive there and get it but duty said I needed to write and email out an appraisal that was due today.  I drove to Brentwood, picked up meds and came home to write.  At 8 pm I was done and emailed the report to the company.  Then I allowed myself the freedom to drive to Pleasanton and retrieve the card.  Traffic was light and I listed to O Riley going over and then talked to friends on the way home.  Well Art and Jerry and suddenly I was home. 

Once inside I hooked up the GPS to the laptop and connected to the web site.  After tweaking and chatting with the computer I went outside and it appears to be working again.  We will see what happens in the morning when I have to go to Bethel Island to see a property on a rush basis first thing in the morning.  Lets hope it works because otherwise it has to be shipped in and who knows how long that can take.  I really love the way it works and I sure miss it when I have to think for myself again.  Us guys can sure get lazy!

So good night, I urgently suggest that you do not get old, other than get you into the movies for a senior rate there are few advantages to age. 

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment