Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Hint of Summer at the Beach

Dear Family and Friends,
Can it get better than this?  A super bowl Sunday with members of the family, a warm balmy day at the beach, a mid day visit with a friend and a beautiful drive back on 152 through the mountains.

Jason sent a text to let me know the "men" were up this morning so I went in and helped Mr. Timothy enjoy his oatmeal.  Jason was busy in the backyard cleaning the BBQ and the porch and Timothy and I went out to watch him work.  He was pretty good at it.

Later in the morning I drove over to Gilroy to see my friend Art and we spent some time.  He is mourning the departure of Connie who has gone to Hawaii for a week with her mother and sisters, so poor Art is all alone with his friends, his restored Nova, his improving golf game and his other pursuits.  He will probably make it throught the week just fine.

On the way back he directed me to 152 which leaves Gilroy a few blocks from his home.  I had not taken that way of getting to Watsonville for years and it is a very lovely drive.  The views from the top of the pass are tremendous and every thing is so green and nice this time of the year.  Arriving back at Monterey Bay Academy the game was about to begin.  Chips and dip were spread out along with some very good root beer, like better than I've ever tasted before.  We enjoyed the game and chatted, took turns holding Mia, Jason was grilling chicken and grillers and we just relaxed.  Before dark Timothy and I took a quick walk to the beach, he is a very nice little stroller and Pappa pushing.  We 4 wheeled all over and he had a blast.  We arrived back with me puffing and he just enjoyed the ride.  It was nearly dark after the stunning sunset over the ocean.

This evening we had a desert that was so tasty it lingered on the tongue and all decided to turn in early.  Jason spent hours with his trusty weed eater and was tired from doing that work and Jo was tired since Mia was up several times last night.

I've include a photo we took this evening just before Timothy went to sleep.  Now his going to sleep is no simple process.  First you read several books, then you sing at least 5 songs he knows, then he is tucked in and with Furness, his special little sleeping rag doll he puts his head on the pillow, then there is a song or two more and prayer, then finally he is ready to rest.  Of course there was brushing the teeth, a bath, a bathroom break and other important steps too.  Even a few minutes at the train table is fun too.

I'll load up and leave in the morning so I can get to a 10 am appointment over in San Jose.  Then unless other work arrives I'll head on home.  This has been a great break and so far everything has worked well.  How thankful I am for family, both the family in Discovery and the family here at MBA are so precious to me.  Every member has their own unique contributions to make and they are all very precious to my heart.

Sending love to all,


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment