Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Motor home Repairs

Dear Family and Friends,
After walking this morning I made breakfast and then started a project on the motor home.  For some time the slide has had some problems and the kitchen cabinets tend to rub on the floor, the microwave oven had fallen from its place and I had someone coming at 6 today to inspect it to decide if they wanted to rent the coach to drive to Seattle in the early summer.  Soon I had the driveway full of tools, building materials, screws and Ray even joined in the fun.  We jacked the kitchen up slightly and using much larger bolts secured two sections of the kitchen together, the prior screws had snapped off leaving the pieces to begin to fall apart.  The new bolts did a great job of tying the two sections together and then I worked on installing the microwave oven once again.  I was able to get a tight fit, secure it and found that it works fine.  There the small area under the oven had to be covered and the prior screen piece of wood had shattered.  Ray had some hardwood flooring pieces he had picked up when someone put them out with a sign, free.  Those pieces came in very hand today.  Using a router, a grinder, a chop saw and a saber saw we were able to fashion the piece of wood so it looks custom made.
After Ray left for San Jose I turned my attention to the lower section of the cabinets which are supposed to be supported by a roller which rolls on the floor.  That part had to be totally rebuilt and again using the hard wood pieces I was able to make it strong and now it functions well once again.
At 4 pm I started to vacuum the floors and counter tops, at 5 I started to clean the door, it was covered with graphite and I lined up 6 different cleaning bottles.  The first 4 failed to touch the graphite but the bottle with orange in its name wiped the graphite off like it was just dust.  I discovered new respect for that cleaner.
At about 6:15 the potential renter arrived and looked the coach over.  He is deciding between this one and another one in Fremont so I still might not have a deal.  However this evening someone locally sent in a request to rent, their request comes for days right in the middle of his rental period so once he decides yes or not then I might have a backup renter.  Seems there will be no shortage of renters for the spring and summer months.  That will help a great deal.
Once again as I walked through the coach this evening I relaxed knowing that my hard work had paid off, that the coach was in good shape once more.
I had a nice contact this afternoon from another relocation company asking if I would like to be approved to work for them locally.  I've been approved now and just need to submit some paperwork, that is great news indeed.
So now I'm signing off, Keanna was here today and is such a source of happiness and fun.  She is a great kiddo and so easy to love.

Well 6 am comes early, good night my friends and family,

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment