Thursday, February 3, 2011

A good day

Dear Family and Friends,

It was really really cold this morning as we walked, the cold air slipped into any crack or opening in our winter clothes and it felt so good to finally turn the final corner and reach the warm interior of the house.

For those of you who have been considering, putting off or think you can't do it, find a friend and start walking, just a block at first, then further, it clears your head, puts you back in touch with your maker and gets you blood flowing.  Consider it and then take the first step, please.

The first house on the agenda was located in Brentwood and had very sweet owners.  They are being moved to Michigan of all places but are thrilled to still have a job.  They are a Christian family, he an engineer and she a teacher.  He was so funny, he kept thinking of more things he should mention to me that he thought might help the value and his wife would roll her eyes.  It was a cute interplay that I'm sure has happened a lot of times before in their marriage.

Once I completed the inspection of their very nice home I had just enough time to drive to Stockton where I conducted a reinspection of a home that I saw just last week.  This time for a FHA appraisal.  I really like talking to the owner.  He is a former supervisor for the county and a very interesting guy.

Upon driving away temptation drove me to the nearest Starbucks where I purchased not only a decaf mocha but also a walnut brownie.  Talk about good.  I sat in Starbucks and watched a guy go over a very tall waterfall in a Kayak, it was pretty amazing to observe.  The IPHONE played it perfectly and since I was on their wifi I was not using precious minutes.

This evening I decided to go out to a local cafe where a live jazz group was making great music.  I had a very pleasant time with a friend and the food was very good.  I discovered that I had a $10 credit from the last time I was there many months ago.  In fact since that time they have moved to a beautiful new building in Streets of Brentwood, our open air mall.

On the way home the bug warned me it was low on fuel so I stopped at Safeway and paid an amazingly high $3.58 for diesel.  The bug cost nearly $60 to fill.  Wow that hurt.

Now I'm home, just enjoyed watching a new episode of the Mentalist and I'm on my way to bed.  Starr has already let me know she is ready to crash.  If anyone is in need of excellent desserts Keanna is once again selling Girl Scout cookies.  Just let me know if you want some.

So for now I'm signing off and wishing each of you a good evening,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment