Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Day Later, How Things Change

Dear Family and Friends,
Mid morning the phone rang and I could see by the readout it was someone from the Sleep Center.  I tensed as I answered expecting an unpleasant few minutes.  Instead the lady started by apologizing for any unpleasantness their billing might have caused.  She went on to suggest that the Sleep Center would be totally satisfied if I would forward the check from Blue Cross for $398 to them and agree to pay the deductible that I would have been required to pay if Blue Cross had covered the bill.  That part was $350 or so.  Well that was exactly what I had decided I would do even before she called.  She said they would send out a new bill and thanked me for my cooperation.  I was shocked, pleased and dumbfounded.  I had sent an email last evening laying out my concerns about the huge bill of $4,100 and she responded quickly.

Later in the day the orders began to arrive and by night fall 4 orders had come in.  What a huge blessing that was as well.  Now I need to settle down and get to work.

This morning not having heard from Ken about walking I slept in.  But when I crawled out into the chilly room I made a decision.  So I removed all the stored clothing from the Nordic treadmill, slipped my tennis shoes on and clipped the safety device to my shorts and slapped the magnet down on the control panel.  It came to life and started on a program, a program that just happened to be perfect for me, the perfect speed, the perfect slope.  30 minutes later as the program wound down I was warmed up, heart was pumping at about 130, my heel no longer hurt at all and I was excited about the day.  After the shower I carried Starr downstairs, brought baskets of wash down and started them in the washer and decided I didn't need a huge breakfast this morning.  It was Weight Watchers day and I wanted to break the cycle of eating all the time, it has become a habit.  So breakfast was a banana and a no fat yogurt followed by a huge class of water later in the morning, early afternoon I had a second yogurt and a 2 point candy bar from Weight Watchers.

At meeting tonight I had dropped 1.7 pounds in spite of being very bad most of the week.  I was thrilled.  On my way to Weight Watchers which meets in Brentwood at 5 pm I conducted a field review and an inspection of a property here in Discovery Bay.  After the meeting I went to Black Diamond Gymnastics Center and watched Keanna, played with Kallie and then we all went to have a burrito.  It is truly interesting to observe a 2 year old's eating habits.  What fun to be with the girls.

Now I'm home and going to bed now.  Its been a hugely different day than yesterday and my spirits have been lifted so much.  During the middle of the day Ray and Lois came to visit and ended up cutting Starr's nails.  I know Starr is much happier without those long nails in the way.

Please take care my dear family and friends,

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment